Saturday, July 14, 2007

We're Quarterfinalists

Just got an email today. One of the screenplay contests that I entered Iain's and my script (s) in has just announced that one or more of the scripts that I entered has advanced to the Quarterfinalist round. 3411 scripts were entered, so that's a pretty big pool. Only thing is - you're gonna love this - I don't remember which 2 scripts I entered.

D'oh!

I narrowed it down to 3 possible scripts, but I don't remember which 2 of those 3 I entered. See, I entered tons of contests, castin the net far and wide. But due to my limited cashflow, I mixed and matched which scripts I sent where. So I don't remember which ones I sent to 'em (there were sooooo many contests). AND I don't know whether one or both scripts advanced. The email didn't specify. It just said one or more of the scripts you entered. Lovely.

It's funny, cuz Terry always says to send your stuff out and then forget about it. He always warns against ridin the emotional rollercoaster. But I never ever woulda thought I'd actually forget which scripts I entered.

Anyway, the semis will be announced on July 30th, so wish us luck!

Meanwhile I havta finish my short story for the anthology, and I also havta get back to work on Iain's and my low budget horror piece. We're aaaaallllllmost done w/ the first draft. Yay!

Mariama

No comments: