Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Shame The Devil


I finished the first draft of my short story which I wrote for the Retreat Anthology
http://retreatanthology.blogspot.com/

I wrote it in longhand in one of the moleskins I just bought. I prefer writin in longhand. I mean, in addition to its bein more convenient, it's also easier on my fightin off carpal tunnel syndrome right wrist.

My piece is a fantasy short, and it's still in rough shape. But that's okay, because rewritin is infinitely easier (to me) than writin that first draft. Writin the first draft is a summmmmbitch.

To ease the flow, I usually write to music. With my iPod strapped to my left arm, I wrote away to a playlist which I created specifically for this story. I used Guns N Roses Greatest Hits, 2 songs by Metallica (Enter Sandman and Unforgiven), and Linkin Park's Meteora. I set the playlist on repeat and wrote away. Last night I finshed the first draft.

I'm currently calling it Shame The Devil.

And in other news I switched my eharmony settin and asked 'em not to send me anymore matches right now. I'm gonna focus on my writing for a bit, before really diving back in the pool.

Oh and I also bought my ticket for my trip back to DC. Whenever I'm able, I like to spend my birthday w/ my twin sister, since it's her birthday, too So the first week of September, I'll be home w/ my fam. I haven't seen 'em since April, when I went back for my Momz birthday. So it's time.

Mariama

No comments: