Friday, July 6, 2007

Premonitions

I'm officially single again. Yup, the guy that I was seein - we recently broke up. It wasn't an angry or fiery kinda break up. It was pretty calm. He's just not ready to commit the way I want him to. He admits he's bein selfish, but at the same time he isn't ready or willin to change his behavior. So we're just gonna be friends. I'm glad we're still gonna be friends, cuz I do consider him a friend, albeit a selfish one :-P


I would say it took me by surprise, except the night before we broke up I had the oddest dream. I dreamt I was back on eHarmony and out on a date w/ one of the prospects. The guy I was with was diggin me, but I wasn't digging him. I felt repulsed, and guilty - like I was cheating on my then b/f.


I woke up and was like, wtf? Later that day we broke up.


What's really weird is I rejoined eharmony and one of the matches looked *exactly* like the dude in my dream. I was hesitant to respond to his request to communicate, but I did anyway. I don't think I'll pursue that one much longer though, not based on how I felt in my dream.

As one of my girlfriends just reminded me, dating can be scary. And dangerous. I've seen (and avidly watch) those forensic shows, where tons of women innocently go out w/ guys, only to be discovered a coupla days later - hacked to death in their homes… or not discovered at all. No doubt that weights on my mind, as I venture back into the land of the dating.


I'll try to be cognizant of the warnin signs, especially their eyes. One thing I've noticed about those murderers from the forensics shows is their eyes don't lie. They may seem charmin, handsome, suave, caring, considerate, etc. But they *all* had eyes that were ... dead. No warmth, no humanity. Just coldness. Evil. So I'll be sure to pay special attention to their eyes. And also to my dreams.

No comments: